Adam Fuss

                                       From the series My Ghost, 1999

Adam Fuss is a photographer that focuses on the contemporary style. Fuss was born in London in 1961 and later moved to New York City. Fuss chose to express his art using the photogram technique. This photo, from the series My Ghost, is a photogram of a children's dress. The contrast between the deep black and the stark white gives the viewer an eerie feeling. The sheerness of the middle of the dress also makes me feel like there is an intention of emptiness. The association between emptiness and children also give the viewer a feelings of sadness. 


For Allegra, 2009

This image by Fuss is interesting because he made the artistic choice to leave parts of the butterfly's wings blurred. This is a less intense photo because there is not a harsh contrast between black and white. I even enjoy the depth of the background because it is not just one solid shade. I'm not sure that I like the artistic choice to leave the wings blurred because it takes detail away from the photo. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan Groover (Still Life)

Arnold Newman

Sebastiao Salgado